“Pleasure is selfish and superficial.” Sound familiar?
Who taught you to judge your pleasure like this? An ex-lover? Your parents? A spiritual teacher?
No matter. As long as you’re believing stories about how pleasure is “less than” or unholy, you’re denying yourself a vital ingredient to your happiness.
- are managing it all–working from home, doing the laundry, cooking lunch for your family. The hustle never ends and you’re wondering if you’re ever going to have time to reconnect with yourself again.
- reach for dark chocolate or vegan ice cream come 3 pm because your body is SO exhausted, you don’t know what else to do to get your energy up again to make it through the rest of the day.
- are so in your head that when it’s date night, you have a hard time opening up to sensuality because pleasure feels so out of reach. With no energy left for sex, you both drift off to sleep after some tired cuddling.
- operate at 100% even though your energy levels are currently at 30%. Every day feels like drudgery. When you get up at 6 am to fit in a quick yoga session, the first thought that comes to you is, “Need more sleep…”
- consider pleasure a waste of time. But no matter how accomplished and successful you are, something is still missing. You’re not fulfilled in life, yet you don’t know what that “something else” is. Hint: it’s not more work.
Here’s the secret that took me years to accept and embody:
𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧’𝐬 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭.
Pleasure is your most potent resource for overcoming stress, accessing unlimited energy, and carrying yourself with confidence.
How can you welcome more pleasure in THIS MOMENT?
-Breathe. Really. Deep. Full. Soft. Feel it.
Make an audible sound as your exhale… ahhh… that stimulates your vagus nerve & cues your nervous system to relax.
-Notice how your eyes are hyper focused right now? Relax them. Soften your gaze. Learn to receive, rather than grasp through your senses.
-What’s up with your tongue? Is it glued to the roof of your mouth? Soften your tongue. It’s directly connected to your genitals… soften those too 🙂
May you bring more pleasure into every moment… ✨